Join Our Team
Reporting to: Emily Jenkins, Showroom Manager
Liaising with: Other Derwent House team members, suppliers and concession partners.
Derwent House is a unique retail sales environment in Oxfordshire for British craft and makers. The 6,000 sq ft interiors store is made up of a series of inspiring spaces that brings together a collection of British handcrafted sofas & armchairs, natural mattresses and beds, furniture, fabrics and homewares. It is a place for design-concious customers looking to invest in sustainable and fine quality interior products for their home.
Derwent House is now looking for a new member to join their team to help grow sales in this exceptional retail location in Witney. The position is for 4 days a week including some Saturdays. If you have a strong retail/sales background, understand the value of product knowledge and customer service in a luxury sector, and have a passion for all things interiors please get in touch. Training will be provided, and further development offered.
To be a motivated, enthusiastic and valued member of the Showroom team providing a high level of customer service and contribute to sales of high-quality interior products.
We’re a small team that gets a lot done, and we’re looking for someone who will really take the initiative and see things through. You’ll be working with other team members and decerning customers so it’s important you can form strong relationships, communicate clearly, and follow through on commitments. You’ll work closely with and report to the Showroom Manager, and there will be plenty of opportunity to develop your skills and experience as the business grows. You’ll have a lot o responsibility and autonomy.
- Maximise, with the support of your manager and rest of the Derwent House team, all sales opportunities for the showroom.
- Always provide efficient and professional customer service, contributing towards maintaining a customer focused environment.
- Carry out responsibilities and duties to the highest possible standard.
- Support your immediate team and other stakeholders of the Derwent House family so that customer orders can be completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain an in-depth product knowledge on all design options, fabrics, including new collections and product ranges to help customers with their needs.
- Support and help with merchandising within the showroom and window display.
- Ensure systems & procedures are adhered to in a professional and timely manner.
- Help ensure the showroom is maintained correctly and is always clean.
- Ensure any appointments booked for quotes/fittings and deliveries are accurately recorded, maintaining contact with customer as required.
- To be a key holder for the Showroom.
- To always observe company health and safety policy.
- To carry out any other duties, which may reasonably be required from time to time.
Skills – essential:
- Love and passion for all things home interiors and handcrafted
- Proven ability to sell in the retail interiors/furniture/soft furnishing sector
- Hardworking and reliable
- Strong verbal and written communciation skills and a willingness to learn
- Good IT literacy
- Ability to work off your own initiative and as part of a small team
- Merchandising and design skills
To apply please send your CV, with covering letter to email@example.com